We are hiring!
Casual Crisis Intervention Worker
Crisis Intervention Workers (CIW) are responsible for attending to crisis calls, attending to basic needs of the clients, referrals to other resources in the community, crisis counseling, and providing a safe, healthy environment.
Successful applicants are expected to complete a criminal record check and a child and youth intervention check.
Applicants are welcome to apply via email at [email protected] or by bringing a resume and cover letter in person.
The successful candidates will be joining the existing outreach team at the Pincher Creek Women’s Shelter. You will work closely with team members to create and provide holistic support to client families within a case management framework. You will be required to conduct intakes, assessments, service planning and evaluation for clients residing outside of the shelter. Your role will include providing parenting support where appropriate.
- A degree or diploma in human services with related work experience
- Registration with appropriate professional association if applicable
- Experience working within a case management framework
- Demonstrated understanding of dynamics of domestic violence
- Demonstrated understanding of impacts of domestic violence on children
- Familiarity with the Response Based Practise Model and Trauma Informed Practise
- Knowledge of existing programs and services in southern Alberta
- Knowledge of Blackfoot culture
- Experience working in First Nation communities considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Successful applicant will be required to submit Criminal Record and Child Welfare checks
- Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Benefit package
- Continuous supervision, training, and career development
Deadline: Please submit resume by June 10, 2022.
Applicants are welcome to apply vie email at [email protected] or by bringing a resume and cover letter in person
We thank all those who apply. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Volunteer with Us
Please contact the shelter 1(403) 627-2114 or email ([email protected]) if you are interested in becoming a board member.
Please contact the shelter 1(403) 627-2114 or email ([email protected]) if you are interested in volunteering at PCWESA. As a volunteer you may be expected to obtain a Criminal Record check and a Child and Youth Intervention check.